Island Information & Technology, Inc. (PSE:IS) is yet to release its 3Q2016 earnings report. Looking at its 2Q2016 income statement, IS reduced its losses (negative net income) by nearly 40 percent from a net loss of P110,790.11 for 1Q2016 to its net loss of P67,460.74 for 2Q2016. It registered a net loss of P770,516.88 for 6M2016, 26.9 percent lower compared to the same period last year.
On a technical standpoint, IS broke out below the 61.8 percent of its Fibonacci retracement on November 23, 2016, which is near 0.18 per share. Failure to recover will bring the support near 0.137.
IS is both bearish on a short-term and long-term scale as far as its position below the 10-, 20-, and 200-day SMAs is concerned. Unless and until IS breaks out above the 50 percent of the Fibonacci retracement, which is near 0.215, I won’t consider IS bullish again on a short-term scale.
IS has a long way to go to get back in the bullish long-term status. It must break the 0.27-0.28 range to re-enter the bullish long-term territory.
MACD is bearish. RSI is too close to the oversold status.
No signs of a potential reversal as of the time of writing this analysis. If the 3Q2016 earnings report is positive, that could act as the catalyst for a reversal.
Top 10 Players’ Sentiment
Participants with a 100% Buying and Selling Activity from Nov-02-2016 to Nov-23-2016 at 03:30PM:
- 15 out of 51 participants or 29.41% of all participants registered a 100% BUYING activity
- 4 out of 51 participants or 7.84% of all participants registered a 100% SELLING activity
- Top 10 Players’ Buying Average: 0.1955
- Top 10 Players’ Selling Average: 0.1976
Online Foreign Brokers’ Transactions
From November 2, 2016 to November 23, 2016, 2 out of 11 active online foreign brokers traded IS.
- Online foreign brokers’ Buy Average: PHP0.202
- Online foreign brokers’ Sell Average: PHP0.200
- Number of net buyers among the participating online foreign brokers: 0 out of 2
- HDI bought the biggest number of shares among online foreign brokers amounting to PHP279,340.000.
- HDI sold the biggest number of shares among online foreign brokers amounting to PHP298,940.000.
Foreign Fund Flow
On a 30-day trading period, IS is on a Net Foreign Buying worth PHP3,828,229.000.
IS has a moderate-risk level based on my proprietary risk level indicator.
IS’ volume is moving sideways.
All investment decisions are based on three things: YOUR financial goals, YOUR investment horizon, and YOUR risk tolerance. Combining those three with my fundamental and technical updates for IS, which direction does your conviction direct you?
Recommended for you to read: Will the All-New Stock Signals Philippines Fit a Busy Person?
- DNL Industries Sees Ban on Single-Use Plastics as an Opportunity - February 1, 2020
- Victorias Milling Co. Saw 7% Net Income Increase Even as Productivity Drops - December 18, 2019
- Sangley Airport Development Bid for by MacroAsia Corp-China Communications Construction Co. Tandem - December 18, 2019