Since its 8.15 percent drop in its price last August 2, 2016 (from P2,136 to P1,962), TEL has strongly trekked the downtrend channel. The longer-term Simple Moving Averages (SMAs) on my chart hover the shorter-term SMAs. That alignment confirms the position of TEL in the bearish territory.
If TEL won’t consider the 1,325-1,340 range as its rebound level, it might re-test the 38.20 percent Fibonacci extension near 1,130. The 61.80 percent Fibonacci extension sits at 1,000-apiece.
If and when TEL respects the 1,325-1,340 range as its rebound level, it must break out above the 50 percent of the Fibonacci retracement, which is at 1,700-apiece, for me to say that TEL is in a reversal mode.
For 10-day SMA to increase the chance of crossing above the 20-day SMA, TEL must cross the 1,600 price point, which is its 38.20 percent Fibonacci retracement.
The next resistance after 1,700 is near 1,800, which is the 61.80 percent of the Fibonacci retracement.
Although RSI shows that TEL is out of the confirmed bearish territory, you can’t be so sure yet because TEL has not distanced itself that much from the 1,325-1,340 range. MACD is telling us not to be so complacent just yet because not only is it below the zero line, but it also below the signal line.
Top 10 Players’ Sentiment
Participants with a 100% Buying and Selling Activity from Nov-02-2016 to Nov-17-2016 at 03:30PM:
- 43 out of 110 participants or 39.09% of all participants registered a 100% BUYING activity
- 1 out of 110 participants or 0.91% of all participants registered a 100% SELLING activity
- Top 10 Players’ Buying Average: 1449.5535
- Top 10 Players’ Selling Average: 1447.5404
Online Foreign Brokers’ Transactions
From November 2, 2016 to November 17, 2016, 10 out of 11 active online foreign brokers traded TEL.
- Online foreign brokers’ Buy Average: PHP1,450.36
- Online foreign brokers’ Sell Average: PHP1,443.99
- Number of net buyers among the participating online foreign brokers: 6 out of 10
- UBS bought the biggest number of shares among online foreign brokers amounting to PHP1,104,095,360.00.
- UBS sold the biggest number of shares among online foreign brokers amounting to PHP644,411,115.00.
Foreign Fund Flow
On a 30-day trading period, TEL is on a Net Foreign Selling worth PHP147,186,665.00.
TEL still has a low-risk level based on my proprietary risk level indicator.
TEL, being an index stock, does not have a liquidity issue.
Latest posts by Stock Signals Philippines (see all)
- Philippine Stock Market Wrap-up Report: October 29, 2018 - October 30, 2018
- San Miguel Corporation (SMC): A Buy on Breakout? - October 29, 2018
- Philippine Stock Market Wrap-up Report: October 26, 2018 - October 26, 2018